Monday, July 1, 2019

Too Perfect to Last?

Remember how excited I was to be turned loose and not have to go to any doctor appointments or tests for a whole year?

Yeah. Well, we knew that was too good to be true.

Heading in for both complete labs and x-rays this morning. This, after a couple of weeks of dealing with some pain in my leg that we went back and forth on about whether it was shin splints, a stress fracture, or just the nerve stuff doing what it does, and after 2 1/2 weeks of not feeling well, despite my best efforts to ignore it. My frustration level, with both running and my body's lack of cooperation, is at an all-time high. Right when things start going really well and I'm scheduled for a ton of races... I should have known better.

I know I shouldn't complain. I had a solid month of freedom. But, still, I'm left feeling defeated and angry. Normally, I'd go for a run and work those feelings out, but since that's not an option...

No comments:

Post a Comment